Happy New Year!
It is the common greeting we hear every year as we start another calendar year on January 1st.
Happiness is certainly the hope and desire of most people. In reality, many
people [if not most] will not be happy this year…for a variety of reasons.
But what about believers. Do you have what you need for this coming year?
Yes, you do!
You have God as your loving Father.
- John 1:12 But to all who did receive Him, who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God.
- Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able
to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
You have Jesus as your advocate and friend.
- 1 John 2:1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.
- John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command you.
You have the Holy Spirit as your helper/comforter
- John 14:16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper (Comforter), to be with you forever.
You have the church as your family.
- Ephesians 2:19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God.
- 1 John 3:1 See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
You have the Bible as your guide.
Psalm 119:105 Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
You have all that you need in 2021!!
May this year be filled with spiritual growth and blessings as we walk together by faith!
Happy New Year!!